IAB’s sixth 2020 buy/sell-side survey sees the “light at the end of the tunnel” for digital advertising, according to media buyers and sellers. In short: Digital ad spend for 2020 is expected to end with a 6% increase versus 2019. The news, however, is dour for traditional media.
- Buyers expect Digital ad spend to increase by 6% for FY2020 vs FY2019
- Paid Search (+26%), Social (+25%) and CTV (+19%) are among those with most impressive gains
- Digital Audio and Podcasts show slight decreases vs 2019—despite enjoying spend shifts in 1H
- DOOH hardest hit: -43% y/y for FY2020
- Buyers expect an average estimated -8% for all Traditional media channel ad spend FY2020 vs 2019
- Linear TV estimated at -24% y/y
- Traditional OOH projected at – 46%
- Budgeting for 2021 is still in flux and expected to increase y/y
- Buyers with at least ballpark budgets project +5.3% ad spend for FY2021 vs FY2020
- Plus, data and insights on brand anxiety caused by user-generated content on social
To download report CLICK HERE.