Taking stroll down the US Hispanic advertising & marketing memory lane, we decided to list all the Hispanic focused TV companies or networks that existed or have existed over the last 20 years in our Industry.
Some are still going strong and others, the future will decide. But one things is for sure, change in inevitable.
- Did the change of buying responsibilities from Hispanic focused agencies to multi-national buying services help cull the herd?
- Did many of these companies just become smaller units inside major mainstream TV companies with very little dedicated resources?
- Did their programming options just not deliver?
- Did the cookie-cutter media buy philosophy reduce the number of ingredients or options?
- Did Hispanic and mainstream buying agencies become lazy and want a less complicated media mix?
- Did the elimination of a dedicated Nielsen Hispanic TV ratings book to hopefully get more mainstream buys with the belief that this would level the playing filed play a part?
- Did mianstream TV companies and networks become a better alternative to reach US Hispanic viewers?
Here are the ones we came up with that appeared on our online publication HispanicAd over the last 20 years:
- America TV
- Azteca America
- BeIn Sports
- Buena Visión
- CNN en Espanol
- Discovery en Espanol
- ESPN Deportes
- Fox Deportes
- Gol TV
- MTV Tres
- Mundo Fox
- Nuestra Vision
- Nuvo TV
- SOL TV
- VME TV
- WAPA Amer
Maybe missed a couple, but whose counting.