The Univision Creator Network (UCN) launched five digital shows for the new Facebook platform for shows, Watch, featuring hugely popular Hispanic creators in scripted comedy series.
UCN influencers connect and engage with the fastest growing demographic – Hispanic millennials, through television, digital and social activations, live events and branded campaigns. UCN will work with five digital stars to participate in the recently launched surface, Watch, featuring shows on Facebook. The shows on Watch include: “Mexican Survival Guide,” “Las Kardachas,” “The Gaylo Show,” “Bro-Mates” and “Montoya’s Hollywood Break-In.” Shows on Facebook are made up of episodes and follow a theme or storyline and fans can create a Watchlist to get the latest episodes.
“At Univision, we are always experimenting with new formats to engage with our audience and we’re excited to work with Facebook as they build an ecosystem of video content on Watch,” said Jennifer Perri, vice president, Univision Creator Network. “UCN’s digital stars have created compelling and authentic shows on Facebook that will resonate with Hispanic millennials - definitely a Watchlist must.”
Here’s the list of Univision Creator Network shows available on Watch on Facebook:
● “Mexican Survival Guide”: by The Crazy Gorilla. Learn Mexican Culture as they try to teach it in a comedic way.
● “Las Kardachas”: by LipstickFables. Three Honduran sister with clashing personalities turn the most ordinary situations into outlandish scenarios that test the bonds of sisterhood; but at the end of the day family comes first.
● “The Gaylo Show”: by Josh Leyva. Gaylo is released from jail with the newfound purpose of teaching others how to be better at life.
● “Bro-Mates”: by Oscar Miranda. A show about two roommates who try to overcome daily obstacles they encounter.
● “SmallTownDreamz”: by The Montoya Twins. They leave their small hometown in Texas and move to Los Angeles not to conquer Hollywood but to conquer the internet and the world of social media! (coming soon)