Building Box-Office Brands is a new research study, brought to you by Digital Cinema Media (DCM) and Millward Brown, which explores the role of Cinema in today’s cross media landscape. Drawing on the combined learnings of 183 Millward Brown CrossMedia European case studies, with almost half from the UK, it explores how each media performs against key metrics proven to drive brand value and sales growth. These metrics are core elements of Millward Brown’s Meaningfully Different Framework which proves that brands which are ’Salient’, ‘Loved’ and seen as ‘Different’ grow faster and command more of a price premium.
Five Key Takeaways
CINEMA MAKES BRANDS MEMORABLE
- Cinema, Magazines and TV are the strongest contributors of Saliency (awareness) per person reached. Having strong Saliency means consumers are more likely to recall your brand when activated by an idea relating to retailer or category choice. That, in turn, drives sales volume.
CINEMA CREATES A BRAND LOVE STORY
- Cinema makes consumers fall in love...with brands. No media channel is betterat building Brand Love. It’s also the most efficient, delivering 5.4% media ROI for every £1m invested. Love makes brands swell rapidly in value: consumers are far more likely to pay a premium for what they love.
CINEMA GENERATES BRAND DIFFERENCE
- Cinema is the number one place to create Brand Difference, delivering the biggest contribution per person reached, and with almost 5x more efficiency than Online Video. Brands that are seen as ’Different’ increase brand value, attract new customers, and command a price premium and stronger loyalty.
CINEMA TURNS AUDIENCES INTO CUSTOMERS
- Cinema moves people. Cinema and Magazines are the most successful media at driving Consideration for brands. Cinema also has 20x the media ROI for efficiency vs TV. Consideration helps create customers and is a key brand metric at the furthest point of the purchase funnel.
CINEMA WINS INFLUENTIAL FANS FOR BRANDS
- Cinema, Magazines and Online Video are the most effective media at driving Brand
- Recommendation. Word of mouth, particularly in today’s socially networked world, creates brand advocates. A brand that can motivate consumers to talk about it is a brand with the power to significantly grow its sales.
To download report CLICK HERE.