"As the only non-profit association dedicated to Hispanic marketing & communications professionals, it is important for HPRA to be a leader in the continued growth and development of our industry,” said Checo. "I am honored to be a part of the new leadership team. Together we will work to create opportunities via strategic partnerships with industry partners to address important issues including diversity & inclusion, professional development and opportunities that foster future leaders and bring value to current and future HPRA members.”
In addition to Checo and Diaz, the HPRA 2019 Executive Board includes:
- Treasurer: Lourdes Rodriguez, Saban Community Clinic
- Secretary: Jennifer Morales, Entercom Communications
- Social Media: Mario Flores, Sportivo
- Membership: Mayra Ramos-Miro, Red Heels PR
- Programming: Daisy Cabrera, PR & Social Media Consultant; Esther-Mireya Tejeda, Entercom Communications
- Strategic Partnerships: Sabrina Macias, DraftKings
- Directors at large: Rosemary Ravinal, Univision Communications, Brenda Mendoza, Guardian Life, Maria Amor, Havas FORMULATIN, Stephen Chavez, Chavez PR
- Past Presidents – at large: Veronica Salcedo, NBC Universal, Yvonne Lorie, ReFresh PR
HPRA's professional development and leadership opportunities, including presence at key industry conferences, are also supported by the organization's local chapters, which offer in-market professional development initiatives and exclusive networking activities with top journalists and industry thought leaders.
Local HPRA Chapter Presidents are: Los Angeles - Stephen Chavez, Chavez PR, Miami - Maggie Hernandez, Cision, New York – Erika Sanchez, Braid Communications and The Carolinas - Natalia Flores, APR, AC&M Group.