Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) launched the Univision Foundation, a non-profit public charity with the mission of promoting the well-being of the Hispanic and multicultural communities served by UCI’s owned and operated platforms and partner organizations.
In addition to supporting empowerment and philanthropic activities, the Univision Foundation will support independent journalism, innovative storytelling, and digital projects designed to advance education, health, civic engagement, and other critical issues among the constituencies served by UCI. The non-profit will partner with like-minded organizations including foundations, community groups, government agencies and businesses that are committed to advancing public discourse and civic participation around key issues. The Foundation will also build upon UCI’s existing partnerships with foundation partners such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The California Endowment, and Ford Foundation, among others.
“More than ever we have a responsibility to the communities that make up today’s rising American mainstream. The Univision Foundation will build a path to further engage, in tandem with partners that share our mission to empower Hispanics and our multicultural youth,” said UCI’s president & CEO Randy Falco.
Jessica Herrera-Flanigan, UCI's EVP of Government & Corporate Affairs, will serve as President of the Univision Foundation, with Stephen Keppel, VP, Social Impact & General Manager of Rise Up, filling the role of Executive Director.
Both Herrera-Flanigan and Keppel will serve on the foundation’s board along with:
- Margaret Lazo, UCI’s Chief Human Resources Officer, who will serve as Chair;
- Ronald Estrada, UCI’s SVP of Corporate Social Responsibility & Community Empowerment, who will serve as Secretary;
- Claudia Marton, UCI’s Corporate Finance and Administration Manager, who will serve as Treasurer;
- Boris Gartner, FUSION’s Chief Operating Officer;
- Cristina Hernandez, VP, The Verna Myers Company;
- Rosemary Mercedes, UCI’s EVP & Chief Communications Officer;
- Raju Narisetti, CEO of Gizmodo Media Group; and
- Jessica Rodriguez, UCI’s EVP & Chief Marketing Officer.
“The Univision Foundation is an expansion of our long-term commitment to supporting and empowering our communities,” said Herrera-Flanigan. “Now more than ever, we stand side by side with the millions of U.S. Hispanics and multiculturals striving to build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.”