“This data allows marketers and brands to quantify perception as a source of intent for the Hispanic market for the very first time,” said Jason Mander, Chief Research Officer at GlobalWebIndex. “Targeting Hispanic cultures appropriately has long been a challenge for marketers, but with this data, we can provide insights that can help create, segment and better address the behaviors, attitudes and sentiment of this sector. The benefits of a data set like this are immeasurable.”
The data gives advertisers access to insights such as:
- 60% of Hispanics say that authenticity is one of the qualities they find most appealing in a brand. This peaks among English-first Hispanics.
- 56% of online Hispanics are Spanish-first or bilingual at home but 78% say they prefer to use their tech devices in English.
- Spanish-first Hispanics are 3x as likely as English-first Hispanics to feel a connection to their Hispanic heritage via the sports they follow and the TV/movies they watch.
- Hispanics average three hours online via mobile per day, as opposed to less than two hours (1:55) for non-Hispanics.
- 80% of Hispanics use Netflix to watch or download TV shows, films, and video content with Bilingual Hispanics scoring the highest figures.
- Only 24% of Hispanics believe the US economy will improve over the next six months. In contrast, 50% think their personal finances will improve over the same period (compared to 43% of non-Hispanics).
- Spanish-first Hispanics led WhatsApp usage with the most visits within the past month (60%), compared to only 16.7% of all Americans in the same time period.
- 61% of Hispanics say they sometimes use Spanglish (words that are a combination of Spanish and English).
“We are excited to have helped build a resource where data is refreshed on a more frequent basis, can be trended over time, and has the ability to add pertinent data points specific to the Hispanic market,” said Lisa Torres, President of Publicis Media’s Multicultural Practice. “Ultimately, this data helps us provide a more multi-faceted way of presenting an opportunity via deeper insights that are modern and current to advertisers.”
"Our vision is to help every company in the world to truly understand their audience and with the launch of this partnership we are unlocking the potential for brands to connect and build long-term relationships with the Hispanic consumer" said Sebastian Hedencrona, Chief Revenue Officer at GlobalWebIndex.