March 27, 2010

Mercury Media released “The Power of the Hispanic Consumer,” a new whitepaper measuring the impact Hispanic consumers are having on direct response advertisers’ ROI.  Part of the Mercury Media TV Perspectives series of whitepapers, this report also offers new insight regarding U.S. Hispanic consumers and tactics for effectively reaching this growing market through direct response advertising.

According to the 2009 Mercury Media Hispanic Index™, an aggregation of results from Mercury Media long-form DRTV campaigns that ran simultaneously in Spanish and English, brands that allocated, on average, 24% of their media spend to a separate and unique Hispanic campaign saw their overall sales revenue increase by an average of 47% and their revenue net of media spend grow by 71%.  Furthermore, Spanish-language DRTV campaigns appeared to be far more efficient than corresponding English-language DRTV campaigns, averaging an MER of $2.44 and $1.63, respectively. By integrating a separate but parallel Spanish-language program into their general campaigns, the Mercury Media Hispanic Index™ showed that brands were able to raise their overall MER to $1.82.

“In 2009 alone, 13.1 million Latinos shopped via direct response platforms and that number is rising,” said Mercury en español director Marcelino Miyares.  “There is no advertising platform that exists today that is more effective in reaching Hispanic consumers than Spanish-language direct response television.  Our results are proof positive that Hispanic consumers will drive the future growth of DRTV advertising.”

Since Mercury en español’s inception in 2009, Mercury Media has successfully migrated many of its English-language clients to its Hispanic specialty practice. As Mercury en español has shown, effectively reaching the Hispanic consumer requires a campaign that is discretely targeted, yet integrated with the general advertising campaign. Mercury en español clients that have followed this approach have seen significant growth in sales revenue and ROI.

Download a complete copy of “The Power of the Hispanic Consumer” CLICK on link below:>


Leave a reply

Enter the characters shown in the image.