Hoy Chicago is honored to win 5 of the 2011 José Martí Publishing Awards given by the National Association of Hispanic Publications (NAHP). The accomplishment, including the top award for a daily newspaper, was announced during the non-profit's annual convention in Las Vegas last weekend.
- Gold for Outstanding Hispanic Daily
- Silver for Outstanding Publication Website (30,000+ circulation)
- Bronze for Most Improved Publication of the year (30,000+ circulation)
- Bronze for Outstanding Front Page Design
- Silver for Outstanding Inside Design Spread
“The biggest honor is when recognition like this comes from within our industry peers, and to receive not one but five awards is remarkable” said John Trainor General Manager / Publisher of Hoy Chicago, “I am very proud to lead such a high-performing and talented team and humbled to accept these awards as validation to keep pushing forward”
Brad Moore, Vice President of Targeted Media for Chicago Tribune Media Group commented, “The Hispanic market is vital to our community and our diverse media company. These awards underscore Hoy's position as a market leader and innovator.”