NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
KSTS – Telemundo 48, the Telemundo station in the Bay Area, has a great new opportunity to join the Sales team. Telemundo 48 is looking for an experienced sales person who can negotiate and sell commercial airtime for KSTS and other station multi-platform initiatives (On-air / Out-of-Home / Digital).
We are looking for someone to develop sales revenue from new advertisers as well as maximize revenue from assigned list. Finding and developing new and non-traditional advertisers is expected, as well as developing revenue opportunities for digital platforms. Our Account Executive must prepare and present accurate and comprehensive sales pitches/presentations and must establish close business relationships with all levels of clients. He or she must merchandise the station in written and verbal communications, while always ascertaining clients’ needs. Will also actively participate on team and station projects and special sales events.
• Minimum 4-year college degree
• Minimum 3 years working experience in television sales or other area of Media Sales
• Must own personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license to fulfill the duties of the sales job
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Willingness to work longer hours and attend after-hours clients events
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years of age
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online at www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech and presentation skills
• Must be able to handle working under the pressure of deadlines and revenue goals
• Must be effectively aggressive and possess a positive work ethics
• Must possess the ability to work effectively with others in Sales team and with all levels of station employees and management within a multi-cultural environment
• Strong computer skills with experience in Internet & Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills; strong leadership and organization skills; detailed-oriented; trust-worthy with confidential and sensitive information
• Knowledge of Nielsen ratings
• Experience with Scarborough, Polk, research data, forecast software (Sales Force) & traffic systems (Wide Orbit)
• Self-directed with proven ability to execute and multi-task on a regular basis with little direction
To apply CLICK HERE.