NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Telemundo Boston is looking for a Sales Account Executive who will be primarily responsible for delivering sales revenue, as well as cultivating and developing new advertisers for the station’s multi-platform properties. The ability to work at the local level with clients of all levels of business is important, from large cap, medium and small businesses. The Sales Account Executive will be expected to meet quarterly targets by identifying and prospecting new businesses at a high level of entry. This position requires an individual with a keen ability to develop concepts to create, maintain, and incrementally grow sales revenue by connecting a company’s marketing goals seamlessly with the entire portfolio of Telemundo Boston’s content distribution platforms.
- Embrace, understand, target, pitch and secure new sources of marketing, advertising, promotional, community and event revenue for Telemundo Boston
- Create customized solutions for local clients that will demonstrate the power of Telemundo with the ultimate goal of monetizing Telemundo Boston properties
- Negotiate and service agency business, and create and understand television metrics
- Ascertain and market to previously untapped, emerging and traditional brands/ businesses and drive revenue through negotiating and selling the value and benefit of TV, mobile, digital, out-of-home and all other multi-marketing platforms
- Develop growth revenue by focusing on “conversion” targets from competitive media including radio, print, digital, out of home, cable, events, etc
- Organized management of a business opportunity pipeline and sharp revenue forecasting
- Learn NBC Salesforce systems and Traffic/Order flow processes; create presentations using MS EXCEL & POWERPOINT
- Present sales proposals and sales pitches to internal and external clients
- BS/BA degree in related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sales and/or marketing roles
- Must have ability to drive and own a vehicle for transportation to and from client meetings
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States
- Must be willing to work in Newton, MA
- Agency, television, production, creative marketing and/or other brand entertainment experience is preferred
- ‘Solutions’ sell thinker with the ability to quickly understand and assess opportunities and/or problems and able to respond with creative ideas and solutions
- Strong communication/presentation skills – oral and written
- Excellent computer skills with MS programs: Excel, Power Point, Word and the ability to create innovative presentation decks with expertise
- Adept at prospecting, generating proposals and closing the sale
- Perceptive, insightful and intuitive abilities
- Ability to creatively analyze and react to a variety of sales challenges
- Ability to multi-task while staying organized and focused
- Broad based knowledge of traditional and emerging media platforms
- Innovative approach to a changing market place
- Enthusiastic and positive team player within the organization
- Strong verbal influencing skills
- Competitive with a desire to win
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical aptitude
- Self-starter and motivator who can thrive in both corporate and start-up environments Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required.
To apply, CLICK HERE.