Telemundo Deportes will present the Spanish-language coverage ever of the FIFA Confederations Cup Russia 2017 taking place June 17- July 2. The production team will be based in Russia marking the first time ever that coverage of all FIFA Confederations Cup matches will be produced live from all venue cities.
All matches will air live on television, 14 on Telemundo and two on Universo, and streamed via TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo Deportes EN VIVO App. The broadcasts will be supplemented by special pre and post-game programming, daily editions of “Titulares y Más,” and news and analysis on TelemundoDeportes.com. In addition, Telemundo’s news and entertainment programs will broadcast from Gorky Park in Moscow, and different locations across Russia through the duration of the tournament.
Leading to the tournament, Telemundo Deportes will air two special shows:
- “La Historia de la Copa FIFA Confederaciones” (The History of the FIFA Confederations Cup) – a documentary that highlights the history of the FIFA Confederations Cup, how it started, its best moments and players and the great goals. The program will also include a roundtable discussion featuring Telemundo Deportes’ commentators and their reflection of this upcoming edition of the tournament. The 90-min program will air on Telemundo, Saturday, June 3 at 4:30 p.m. ET and on Universo on Sunday, June 4 at 2 p.m.
- “Rumbo a la Copa FIFA Confederaciones” (Road to the FIFA Confederations Cup) – a special one-hour show that will look ahead of this year’s tournament, focusing on the teams and its players and the host nation Russia. The show will air on Saturday, June 10 at 5 p.m. on Telemundo and on Sunday, June 11 at 2 p.m. on Universo.
- Live coverage of the FIFA Confederations Cup begins on Friday, June 17 at 9.m. on Telemundo, with the Opening Ceremony from Saint Petersburg, followed by the opening match between Russia and New Zealand.
- All matches will air live on television and digital platforms. Telemundo will broadcast 14 matches including the final, while Universo will telecast two matches on Saturday, June 24 and Sunday, June 25. All games will be available for stream via TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo Deportes EN VIVO App.
- “Hoy en la Copa Confederaciones” (Today in the Confederations Cup) is a special news and analysis show that will air on Telemundo each match day with two editions, one airing prior to the first match of the day and a post-game edition recapping the action of the day. The show will feature exclusive post-match interviews, highlights of the press conferences, color segments around the host nation, and the analysis and opinion of Telemundo Deportes’ on-air talent reporting from the different host venues in Russia and Telemundo studios in Miami.
- “Throughout the group stage, “Hoy en la Copa Confederaciones” pre-game show will air every morning at 10 a.m. and the post-game show following the last match of the day. During the semifinals the pre-game show will air at 1 p.m. with the post-show scheduled after the match. On Sunday, July 2, the coverage will begin at 7 a.m. prior to the third place match and a second edition that will preview the final, beginning at 1 p.m.
- “Titulares y Más,” Telemundo Deportes’ signature studio show, will continue airing throughout the FIFA Confederations Cup on Telemundo at 11:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. on select days,-- bringing the latest news and entertainment from Russia. The show’s host, Karim Mendiburu, will travel throughout Russia to bring viewers all the color, celebration and the atmosphere around the tournament. He will be joined by Rosina Grosso and Edgar Lopez who will host the program from the Telemundo Deportes studios in Miami.
- “La Copa Revuelta” is a special late-night studio show to air on Telemundo at 12 a.m, on matchdays, that will recap the day, featuring the analysis, opinion and insights of Telemundo Deportes experts. The show will be hosted by Ana Jurka and Frederik Oldenburg alongside Leti Coo who will bring the color and the stories of the tournament happening outside the stadium.
- The on-air team will include Telemundo’s most distinguished television presenters, former star players and Telemundo Deportes’ team of soccer experts, as well as a production staff of more than 150 people. The entire team will be based in Russia throughout the duration of the tournament, marking the first time ever that coverage of all FIFA Confederations Cup matches will be produced live from all venue cities.
- A variety of Telemundo and Universo news and entertainment programs will broadcast live from Gorky Park in Moscow and across different locations in Russia throughout the tournament, including “Un Nuevo Día,” “Al Rojo Vivo,” and “Noticias Telemundo.” The Telemundo Station Group will also feature extensive coverage in their local newscasts and programming.
- Universo will re-air all matches every night in primetime and will feature a series of vignettes that highlight the fans in Russia that will air across all programming and platforms.
TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo Deportes App will offer comprehensive content throughout the tournament with staff reporting from all venue cities and the contributions of Telemundo Deportes on-air talent. The digital coverage will be supplemented by extensive social media content on SnapChat, Instagram, Facebook and other platforms.
- Dedicated FIFA Confederations Cup section on TelemundoDeportes.com.
- “Dia de Gallos: Edición Confederaciones”- episodes available on podcast and via Facebook. Live. The podcasts, which cover the world of soccer with the analysis of Miguel Gurwitz and Carlos Hermosillo, will be produced around all Mexico matches and during the semifinals and the final.
- Video highlights of all games featuring the best moments.
- Daily short form compilation capsules (best of the day, celebrations, fans.)
- Daily video reports from all venue cities.
- News articles, photo galleries, stats, schedules and trivia.
- Team and player profiles, color stories and commentary (from talent and experts.)
- Daily post-event reactions from Russia.
- Live Stream - All Telemundo and Universo programming will stream live via TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo Deportes EN VIVO app, and for the first time ever on Connected TVs – Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire. The matches will also be available for replays on the Telemundo Deportes EN VIVO app.
- On social media, Telemundo Deportes will present exclusive content on the ground from Russia including: Daily SnapChat stories with video and images, daily Instagram content to feed Telemundo Deportes Story and feed, daily Facebook lives with fans and talent and alerts for all programming events.
- Additional content will also be available on Video on Demand (Set-up Boxes) including event replays of all games, pre and post shows, player profiles and color stories from Russia.