TurboTax focuses on Latino EmpowermentTurboTax announced the launch of its new integrated Latino marketing campaign aimed at giving Latinos the confidence that with TurboTax their taxes are done right with a guaranteed maximum refund. The integrated program includes TV, radio and digital advertising, community events and social media activations, in both English and Spanish, to ensure relevancy among acculturated and unacculturated consumers.
“Engaging with the Latino community is a priority for us. For several years we have embarked on a mission to empower and inform the Latino consumer about finances and taxes, all while building familiarity and confidence in TurboTax,” said Greg Johnson, senior vice president of marketing for TurboTax. “We are proud of the work we have done and are excited to launch a program that will connect with the Latino community through a multifaceted and culturally relevant campaign in their preferred language.”
The Hispanic marketing campaign kicked off with “No hay por que tener miedo” (There’s Nothing to Be Afraid Of) advertising theme. The campaign addresses the fear of the unknown that stands in the way of people doing their own taxes. It is a smart, insightful campaign that shines a light on the things that people are inherently afraid of, like the legendary Chupacabra, — and playfully shows they really aren’t that scary after all. The spot also highlights the bilingual product support available on demand – in English and Spanish. New this year with the launch of TurboTax Live, consumers will have access to tax advice from real tax experts, CPA’s or Enrolled Agents in their language of choice and from the comfort of their living room.
The TV spot creative was concepted by Multicultural agency GALLEGOS United in collaboration with TurboTax’s AOR Wieden+ Kennedy. The Spanish language spot is running on Univision, Telemundo and Azteca America among others and will air through the end of tax season.
Supporting national advertising is a multi-channel, integrated effort that builds on key relationships within the Latino community, including:
· Educational community events: series featuring financial expert and TurboTax spokesperson Orlando Montiel. Themed “Finanzas Saludables,” the free events are designed to help Latinos learn more about taxes and the importance of having healthy personal finances. The events will take place in Dallas, Miami, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles beginning this month, in partnership with Univision.
· Influencer and Media Relations: TurboTax also continues to engage Latino media leveraging its established relationship with lifestyle expert and blogger, Marines Duarte. Additionally, the brand is partnering with key influencers & social creators to educate the consumer on taxes through creative, authentic content promoting TurboTax’s product, offers and benefits.
· Social Media Campaign: Extending the “No hay por que tener miedo” (There’s Nothing to Be Afraid Of) campaign into social, TurboTax will be launching a social media campaign, #FearlessConTurboTax, encouraging people to nominate a friend or family member who is fearless and the impact that person has had on their life.
· #WeAllGrow Summit Sponsorship: For the third-consecutive year, TurboTax has partnered with #WeAllGrow Summit to empower and help support the event’s vision of elevating the Latino influencer community, while celebrating diversity.
· Key Media Integrations: Through key media integrations on the leading networks and Spanish-language programming including Univision’s “Despierta América” and Telemundo’s “Don Francisco Te Invita”, the brand will be providing insight into the benefits of filing taxes with TurboTax.
These are being executed in partnership with GALLEGOS United and Hispanic public relations agency, Havas FORMULATIN.