The findings in this study are intended to help marketers and ad sellers better understand ways in to leverage video viewing opportunities by consumer intent and preference, setting up a foundation for better ad testing and optimization of delivery.
- Video viewing motivations/mindsets change throughout the day—as one would expect
- As consumers move between these states, their ad receptivity changes
- Contextual, behavioral, and demographics all have impact on ad receptivity within the context of motivation and mindset
- Consumers report having different preferences for ad relevance types when experiencing different motivations/mindsets
- For example: One might prefer contextually vs. behaviorally relevant ads—or be open to completely untargeted ads—given their typical motivation/mindset when watching particular digital video types
The research results are demonstrated through six categories representing 11 different motivations/mindsets. These categories are mapped to video types viewed and by device used.
To download report CLICK HERE.