Yahoo! Telemundo launched the official site of the 2008 Billboard Latin Music Awards presented by Heineken. Available at
"Premio Tu Mundo" is a new award voted on by fans online. The first voting phase begins today with visitors selecting the Top 25 from a gallery of all finalists. The final phase, which will run from March 25 at 12PM ET until April 10 at 7PM ET, will allow visitors to choose their favorite artist from the Top 25.
"The Yahoo! Telemundo Latin Billboards site is the ultimate destination for Latin music fans ˆ from the star-studded action of the red carpet to the interactive polls and community areas," said Borja Perez, alliance leader, Yahoo! Telemundo. "We have created a place where they can feel fully immersed in the action and feel part of a larger community. It represents another milestone in our strategy to provide relevant content that helps make Yahoo! the starting point for consumers on the Web."
Yahoo! Telemundo's Billboard site will feature comprehensive pre- and post-show coverage including:
- Live webcast of red carpet event
- Complete list of finalists and artist profiles
- Photo and video galleries, featuring backstage action and interviews with the finalists
- Music articles and special reports on this year's finalists
- News area highlighting the latest on the show and its finalists
- Minute-by-minute countdown clock
- Fan areas where users can share their opinions and interact with each other via fan groups, polls, quizzes, and Yahoo! Telemundo Respuestas
After the 2008 Billboard Latin Music Awards, visitors will also find:
- Behind-the-scenes video of rehearsals and unique scenes featuring the construction of the spectacular set
- Video of the hottest red carpet moments, wardrobe and make-up preparations, and behind-the-scenes interviews
- A recap of the entire show, featuring the best/worst of the red carpet and show feedback from performers, guests and fans
The 2008 Billboard Latin Music Awards will be broadcast live from Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Florida, Thursday, April 10 at 7PM (6pm/c) on Telemundo.