The news site went live on International Women's Day and helps unite, encourage and ignite ambitious females. The website features female disruptors who are business leaders and pioneers of their industries, paving the way for future generations of women.
"We want the future female disruptors to have a better path, one that is without adversity, one that is equal, balanced and fair without fear, discrimination or harassment," Buyer said.
Who are Female Disruptors?
Female disruptors are women who are change-makers in their industry. There's no need to be a best-seller to be featured on the website. The mission calls for women who have passion, vision, focus, compassion, determination and a burning desire to share this with the world.
Why are they needed?
Female disruptors can be role models for women around the world and encourage them to be more courageous, brave and ambitious. With the help of female disruptors, women can go above and beyond in their industry and break cultural norms.
Buffer recently published an article, "Examining Buffer's Gender Pay Gap in 2019," on Equal Pay Day in the USA. In the article, it says women in the United States are paid 80 cents for every dollar paid to men, amounting to a 20 percent annual gender wage gap of $10,169. Asian-American women are paid $.85 (cents) for every dollar paid to men and Latina women are paid the least at $.53 (cents) as of November 20, 2018.
This type of pay gap in the workplace is unacceptable and shows women still have a lot of progress to make for equality in the job industry.
Meet our Inaugural Female Disruptors
For our launch on International Women's Day, we put the spotlight on the following women.
- Charlene Li, Founder and Senior Fellow at Altimeter
- Catherine Howell, Founder and CEO of Eight Loop Social
- Kassia Meador, Professional Surfer and Founder of Kassia + Surf
- Jilea Hemmings, CEO and Co-Founder of Leaf Tyme
- Lisa Buyer, Founder and CEO of The Buyer Group
- Dana Todd, CEO of Balodana
- Navah Berg, Social VR & Mixed Reality VR
- Sarah Evans, Founder and CEO of Sevans Strategy
- Rachel Pedersen, Founder and CEO of Social Media United
- Krista Neher, CEO of Bootcamp Digital and Best-Selling Author
- Mandy McEwen, Founder and CEO of Mod Girl Marketing LLC
- Ai Addyson, Educator, Speaker and Host of Classroom Without Walls
What is up next for FemaleDisruptors.com
"By highlighting female disruptors, we hope we can help inspire future female leaders and pioneers. As well as offer advocacy, education and inspiration when you feel lost and alone," said Buyer.