“As the home of the biggest and best global sports, we recognize the value of providing relevant sports content across all platforms to a growing diverse universe of sports fans,” said Joaquin Duro, vice president of digital for Telemundo Deportes. “We are thrilled to launch these new original series as part of our commitment to reach a younger bilingual audience with innovative digital content they can connect with any time, on any platform and in any language.”
Content in English
For the first time ever, Telemundo Deportes will offer digital content in English, tailored to the bilingual, younger sports fans:
- Sports Ana Twist: a light-hearted, sports show that covers stories not often told with Ana Jurka’s personal twist. Ana’s musings come as a breath of fresh air in what is now a stat-packed world of sports. The show covers weekly topics and highlights from the sports world in new episodes every Thursday available on the Telemundo Deportes app, YouTube and Instagram
- Weekly Premier: A Premier League recap that highlights the weekend and what is ahead, including matchups, derbies, players and what not to miss from the league. New episodes are available every Friday via the Telemundo Deportes app, YouTube and Instagram
- La Liga Upside Down: This series recaps all controversial plays around Spain’s La Liga, giving the fan a look at a “Upside Down” standing’s table. The show debuts new episodes every Tuesday on Telemundo Deportes app, YouTube and Instagram.
Linear Programming Extensions
Telemundo Deportes’ linear programming extends to digital with exclusive content that complements the broadcast of live events and studio shows, providing fans with 24/7 access to live streams, news and information, highlights and analysis from the network’s renowned sports experts. Content includes coverage around Premier League, Titulares y Mas and Boxeo Telemundo.
Telemundo Deportes’ lineup of experts will contribute to the online exclusive content, including five-time Emmy-Award winner Andres Cantor who will participate with weekly analysis and opinion around the most trending topics in the world of soccer. Cantor will create content both in English and Spanish to align with the current digital strategy. Some other shows include:
- El VAR de Manolo: Former Mexican soccer star and Telemundo Deportes’ expert, Manuel Sol, presents a weekly, in-depth analysis around the latest controversies surrounding the VAR in Premier League. The show is available on Telemundo Deportes app, YouTube and Instagram with new episodes available every Sunday night.
- Táctica Pura: Telemundo Deportes’ soccer commentator Copán Álvarez, alongside Manuel Sol, discuss the Premier League play of the week, analyzing every detail of the game and its players. The show features a new play every Sunday night on Telemundo Deportes app, YouTube and Instagram.
- TYM+: a video podcast extension of Titulares y Más, Telemundo Deportes’ nightly show that covers the latest of sports and lifestyle, that gives Ana Jurka and Karim Mendiburu a unique platform to expand on the topics sports fans are asking for, while capturing a wider, younger audience. Telemundo Deportes’ experts also regularly appear on the show, including soccer legend Carlos Hermosillo. TYM+ is currently available via YouTube, Facebook and Instagram, and soon across audio platforms. The program debuts a new episode every Monday and Friday afternoons.
- Sin Censura: Emmy-award winner Miguel Gurwitz goes on the road to interview some of the biggest names in sports about their stories, controversies and achievements. Gurwitz will also answer questions fans can ask via Telemundo Deportes’ social media. The series debuts new interviews on a weekly basis currently available on all Telemundo Deportes platforms.
Editorial Video Series
- Telemundo Deportes is rolling out a series of new original videos that present editorial content to viewers in a unique, easy-to-watch format, covering the latest news and information during soccer season. Some of these include:
- Mentes Maestras: set to launch before the end of the year, this show, presented by renowned sports commentator Sammy Sadovnik, will capture the stories behind the top Premier League coaches, the master minds that drive the top Premier League teams and players, unveiling their challenges, strategies, secrets and their characters. The show debuts six new episodes every quarter on Telemundo Deportes app, YouTube and Instagram.
- Fútbol Sin Filtro: Exclusive interviews of high-profile players about their career journey and personal life. This no-holds-barred series brings viewers into the world of the best and most important soccer players as they share their personal journeys, from their humble beginnings and controversies all the way to stardom. The show debuts eight new episodes every quarter on Telemundo Deportes app, YouTube and Instagram.