Telemundo Deportes will produce Spanish-language Olympic video content for Peacock, including TYM Olímpico, an Olympics-themed collection from Titulares y Más, that will be available on the streaming platform.
Telemundo will also enhance its multimedia offering with an unprecedented lineup of 300+ hours of live stream and short-form videos across Telemundo Deportes’ digital platforms and social media, plus special digital series, powered by a team on the ground in Tokyo exclusively dedicated to producing original content for Telemundo’s social media platforms.
“Our Spanish-language digital coverage will enhance the audience’s Olympic experience with many options for consuming and engaging with the best of Tokyo,” said Eli Velazquez, Executive Vice President of Sports Content for Telemundo Deportes. “Telemundo’s digital offering across our platforms and on Peacock, will connect seamlessly with our linear programming, focusing on the biggest stories, athletes and sports competitions that Latino audiences are eager to follow.”
- TYM Olímpico a showcase of daily short-form clips from Titulares y Mas, Telemundo Deportes’ successful sports late night show. Throughout the Games, Peacock will stream best stories around the Latino athletes, viral moments and stories from Tokyo. The video segments will be anchored by TYM’s host Karim Mendiburu alongside LatinX Now’s Freddy Lomeli and other guest contributors, beginning Monday, July 26.
- Tokyo 2020: En Busca del Sueño Olímpico (In Search for the Olympic Dream), a one-hour look into the stories around the hundreds of athletes who will experience the Olympics this summer, their origins, their motivations and the drive that pushes them to fight for their dreams and never give up. The show will be available on Peacock on Sunday, July 18.
- Tokyo 2020: El Camino Dorado (The Golden Path), an inside look at the Olympics, the top stories to follow and the nuances of the host city. The show will be available on Peacock on Thursday, July 22.
- In addition, Telemundo Deportes digital platforms, telemundo.com/Tokyo2020, the Telemundo Deportes App and Telemundo Deportes’ social media pages will feature a wide mix of extensive editorial content with the latest news, updates, highlights, live stats, exclusive videos, reports and interviews. Digital coverage highlights will include:
- Telemundo Deportes’ 300+ hours of Tokyo linear programming will be available on live stream via TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo Deportes app. In addition, the two platforms will offer over 150 hours of full event replays.
- Telemundo Deportes’ digital content will also feature 1,000+ short-form pieces of content including original series, highlights and recaps to be featured across TelemundoDeportes.com, the Telemundo Deportes app, and its social media pages on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
- Original digital series will be available exclusively via TelemundoDeportes.com, highlighted by Momentos de Gloria: a ten-episode series that relives epic Olympic moments; Tokyo: El Lado Curioso de la Ciudad: a ten-episode special highlighting the culture of Tokyo; and Atletas a Seguir: features that highlight the stories behind some of the medal contender athletes looking to shine in Tokyo.
- The digital coverage will be supplemented by extensive content on Telemundo Deportes’ Twitter as part of NBC Olympics and Twitter’s innovative content partnership, that will include real-time video highlights of the most memorable and engaging moments of the day throughout each competition day.
- A dedicated crew will be on the ground following the USA women’s and Mexico men’s soccer teams to produce exclusive content and live reporting for the social media platforms. Additional social content will also feature live stats, exclusive reporting from Japan, news and highlights.
- Special social media live shows will also be produced to complement the soccer match coverage, featuring LIVE pre-game analysis integrating expert teams from Japan and Telemundo Center.
- Telemundo.com/Tokyo2020 will be the Spanish-language Olympic destination with the latest news around the leading Latin American and US Hispanic athletes, the stories around the top female athletes, the best of Tokyo, expert predictions, highlights, real time statistics, medal charts, news and results.
- The digital experience on Telemundo Deportes online properties and social media pages will point to NBC Olympics digital platforms, providing access to 3,000+ hours of Olympic events. In addition, Telemundo’s sites will link to the full event schedule on NBCSports.com