Telemundo announced that internationally renowned singer and actress Lucero, leading finalist and social media maven Don Omar, La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho, Gerardo Ortiz, Michel Telo, and Vallenato’s world ambassador Carlos Vives will perform at this year’s Billboard Latin Music Awards presented by State Farm, produced and broadcast live Thursday, April 25 at 7PM/6c from BankUnited Center at the University of Miami in Florida.
· Renowned singer and actress Lucero returns to the stage with love in her heart, having recently announced her new relationship. Lucero, also known as “Mexico’s Sweetheart,” has an artistic career that spans over three decades, and has sold 27 million albums worldwide. She has won several accolades in many countries including the USA and her native Mexico.
· Don Omar, also known as the “King of Reggaeton,” is this year’s top Billboard Latin Music Awards finalist up for 18 awards. The fan favorite, who is also an entrepreneur and social media phenomenon, has been continuously ranked on Billboard’s Social 50 chart since it launched in 2010, reaching the highest position for a male Latin musical act.
· Also hitting the stage is successful banda music group La Arrolladora Banda el Limon, led by clarinetist René Camacho. Since its launch in 1997, the band, from Sinaloa, Mexico, quickly rose and remains at the top of the Mexican regional music scene, having launched 30 records and close to 350 songs. Comprised of over a dozen band members, the group is a seven-time finalist at this year’s Billboard Latin Music Awards.
· The Billboard Latin Music Awards will also welcome the “King of Corridos,” Gerardo Ortiz, a phenomenon in Regional Mexican music who has revolutionized the genre with innovative musical arrangements. Gerardo Ortiz is up for six awards this year.
· World music sensation Michel Telo busted onto the music scene in 2012 with his international hit “Ai Se Eu Te Pego!,” a number one in most European and Latin American countries. The Brazilian singer, who is up for seven awards, debuted in the U.S. with a live performance at the 2012 Billboard Latin Music Awards.
· After a four-year absence, Colombian singer, composer, and actor Carlos Vives returns to the world stage with the long awaited album “Corazón Profundo.” The album’s first single “Volvi A Nacer” debuted at #1 on the Billboard Latin Airplay chart, and ultimately spent three weeks at the top of the chart.