Círculo Creativo USA announced that Virgilio Flores has been chosen as its new president for the 2023-2024 period.
A Creative Director at ALMA, Virgilio has worked on various multinational accounts for the past seven years and has also won important awards at international festivals.
Círculo Creativo USA’s new president emigrated to the United States from Venezuela, where he worked at agencies such as Leo Burnett and was also president of Círculo Creativo Venezuela.
Virgilio remarks “I am very grateful for the opportunity given to me by Círculo Creativo USA. It is an honor to work with so many talented people who seek the continued growth of our market and its place in history. Our industry has an impressive potential and we’re going to do everything in our power to make our work and our drive known in the U.S. and around the world. We have brought together an amazing group of leaders from around the country who are committed to the success of each upcoming project. We are all very excited by this.”
Virgilio will work hand in hand with the following team:
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Co-Chairmen of the Board of Directors:
- Luis Miguel Messianu, Chairman and Founder at Alma, DDM McDonald’s Global Chief Creative Officer
- Aldo Quevedo, CEO, Creative Chairman at BeautifulBeast
- Gustavo Lauría, Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer at We Believers
- Paco Olavarrieta, Chief Creative Officer at d expósito & Partners
- Mauricio Galván, Creative Director at Madwell
- Pablo Buffagni, Creative Director / Head Chef at BBQ Agency
- Flor Leibaschoff, Founder / Chief Creative Officer at BeautifulBeast
- Virgilio Flores, Creative Director at Alma
- Treasurer / Senior Advisor: Francisco Vargas, Partner at BizLift, Inc.
- Secretary / Senior Advisor: Bettina Abascal, Founder at Momentum
- Chicago: Javier Osorio, Group Creative Director at fluent360
- Dallas: Miguel Moreno, Associate Creative Director at Dieste
- Houston: Fernando Osuna, Chief Creative Officer at López Negrete Communications
- Kansas City: Santiago Cuesta, Executive Creative Director at VMLY&R
- Los Angeles: Elías Weinstock, Chief Creative Officer at Casanova//McCann; Pepe Aguilar, Executive Creative Director at Gallegos United
- Miami: Tony Waissmann, Chief Creative Officer at República Havas
- New York: Maddy Kramer, Associate Creative Director at Edelman & Co-founder at inVisible Creatives
- Chicago: Manuel Torres, VP Creative Director at FCB Chicago
- Dallas: Verónica Elizondo, Chief Creative Officer at Conill Saatchi & Saatchi Group; Juan Camilo Valdivieso, Creative Director at Dieste; Darío Campos, Creative Director at Dieste
- Houston: Cecilia Alanis, Associate Creative Director Digital at López Negrete Communications
- Los Angeles: Tessy Heyser, Sr. Art Director at Casanova/McCann
- Miami: Chany D’Amelio, VP Creative Services at Ogilvy
- New York: Mauricio Galván, Creative Director at Madwell; Mica Gallino, Brand Creative Director at
- Nike; Gloria Concepción, Creative at Arts & Letters Creative Co.
Social Media Strategist; Ariana Guerrero
Regarding Virgilio Flores’ new challenge, Círculo Creativo USA board members expressed the following:
Flor Leibaschoff, outgoing president of Círculo Creativo USA and CCO at BeautifulBeast said: “Virgilio was a key individual during my years as president. I’m very happy and proud of handing him the baton. He has the ideas, the drive, the respect for the market, and the strength to carry on with the work we’ve been doing with Círculo Creativo. In addition, he has a great team who’s there to support him. I will continue to work by his side and will support him in everything, as he did throughout these years.”
Luis Miguel Messianu, Co-chairman of Círculo Creativo USA and its first president: “It’s a source of great pride to me as the first president of Círculo Creativo to have someone else from the agency carry out this role. And I could not think of anyone who is more prepared and more passionate about our industry than Virgilio. As a matter of fact, this is the second time Virgilio presides over Círculo—he did a brilliant job at the head of this organization in his native Venezuela. Virgilio is a great exponent of Latino creativity, and his commitment to our mission of elevating the talent and creative output of our market is indisputable. I know Virgilio will take Círculo to new heights!”
“It’s a credit to have Virgilio as president, for everything he contributed as part of Flor’s team and for everything I have no doubt he’ll achieve leading this stage of Círculo. Luis Miguel, Aldo, and I are here to support him in everything that’s to come,” said Gustavo Lauría, Co-founder of Círculo Creativo USA and CCO at We Believers.
Aldo Quevedo, Co-founder of Círculo Creativo USA & CEO, Creative Chairman at BeautifulBeast said: “Knowing Virgilio is taking on the leadership of Círculo fills me with excitement. Not just because he brings his entire creative experience and leadership to the table, but also because he is a very sensitive individual who is devoted to elevating the industry. I’m very happy to have the opportunity of collaborating with him to help every agency and member in our association.”