Heineken will be launching a new global ad campaign to support their UEFA Champions League consumer program. The ad, which is the latest element of the brand’s “Road to the Final” campaign, celebrates the resourceful and quick-witted men of the world who will stop at nothing to experience the UEFA Champions League Final soccer’s most prestigious event and will be running both on General Market and Hispanic media.
· The ‘Road to the Final’ campaign was created by advertising agency Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam. The film was directed by Frederic Bond, who also directed the first two Heineken films – ‘The Date’ and ‘The Entrance’.
· The ad features one lucky fan, who receives a ticket to the UEFA Champions League Final. The only problem is, he’s on the other side of the world and faces a race against the clock to get to the match. Through a combination of ingenuity, vision and creativity he manages to overcome every obstacle put in his way – to be rewarded with the ultimate soccer experience – a pitch side seat at Wembley, arriving just before kick-off.
· To kick off the “Road to the Final” campaign, Heineken launched the “Heineken Champions” Facebook and mobile app, which offers U.S. fans a chance to win an epic viewing party in their city and enjoy a premium experience like only Heineken can deliver.
· Fans over 21 years of age can vote until April 15 by taking a photo of themselves enjoying an UCL match, uploading it to the Facebook tab or mobile app, and tagging their location. Every photo uploaded scores a point for their city.
· The Heineken Champions app is available to consumers on Heineken’s Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/Heineken) and in the Apple store or Google Play.
This spot stars a lucky fan who receives a ticket to the UEFA Champions League Final, but needs to travel across the world to get to the match on time. You’ll see how he manages to overcome the odds and ultimately gets rewarded with a front-row seat at Wembley, arriving just before kick-off.