HISPANICIZE announced the 2021 TECLA Awards, taking place on Friday, October 15th as part of its Hispanic Heritage Month festivities. Owned, operated and produced by actor John Leguizamo’s NGL Collective, Hispanicize and the TECLA Awards are beloved iconic franchises that are well known in the Latinx community.
Named after the Spanish word for an individual key on a keyboard (aka “Tecla”), the 2021 TECLA Awards will honor the best of the best amongst Latinx social media stars across eight exciting categories:
- Break-Out Star-Of-The-Year
- Creator Of-The-Year
- Food & Cooking
- Fashion & Beauty
- Social Good
Prospective nominees for the 2021 TECLA Awards will be curated by Hispanicize and an esteemed Committee of Latinx industry executives. Latinx influencers are also invited to submit themselves for consideration starting today at Hispanicize.com through August 23, 2021. Ultimately, four finalists per category will be announced on Wednesday, September 15th during a TECLA Award nomination special marking the beginning Hispanicize’s month-long Hispanic Heritage Month program. Hispanicize will culminate with its #UnidosTogether Summit on Friday, October 15th, during which all 2021 TECLA Award winners will be announced.
“We’re excited and honored to bring back the TECLA Awards as part of our Hispanicize program this Hispanic Heritage month. There are so many talented Latinx social media content creators creating important, informative and entertaining content, and the TECLA’s represents the best of the best among them,” said NGL’s CEO, David Chitel.
The 2021 TECLA Award Committee who will be working with Hispanicize to select TECLA nominees and winners features an esteemed group of Latinx executives including:
- Carlos Salcines, VP, Multicultural Marketing, Warner Bros. Picture
- Lizette Williams, Global Head of Vertical Solutions Marketing, Facebook
- Mariella Estrella, Hispanic Business Unit Sr. Marketing Manager, Pepsi
- Natalia Rocha, VP Director, Multicultural Business Solutions Horizon Media
- Marie Seguí Paul-Noel, Account Supervisor, Brand Multicultural, Edelman
- Elizabeth Barrutia, President & CEO, BARÚ Marketing + Media
- Casper Smart, Actor & Creative Director, B Smart Productions, Inc.
- John C. Sosa – VP, Integrated Ad Sales Marketing, NGL Collective
Hispanicize #UnidosTogether Hispanic Heritage Month is the largest virtual and live in-person gathering of Latinx influencers, content creators, entrepreneurs and media and entertainment innovators grounded by the #UnidosTogether initiative aimed at being a force for good in the Latinx community. This October 15th for the first time ever Hispanicize will be hosted virtually and live in-person simultaneously in Los Angeles and Miami.
TECLA Award Nominee Submissions Open:
- August 5 – August 23, 2021
TECLA Award Nominee Finalist Special:
- September 15, 2021
Hispanicize #UnidosTogether Summit + TECLA Awards:
- October 15, 2021