The 2022 BILLBOARD LATIN MUSIC AWARDS on Telemundo
August 26, 2022
Telemundo announced the first line-up of stars who will be performing at the 2022 Billboard Latin Music Awards. Camilo, Carlos Vives, CNCO, Eslabon Armado, Grupo Firme, Maluma, Pablo López, Pepe Aguilar and Tini promise astounding performances at the prestigious awards show, which will broadcast live on Telemundo on Thursday, September 29 at 7pm/6c from Watsco Center in Coral Gables, Florida.
The Billboard Latin Music Awards will also be simulcast on the Hispanic entertainment cable channel, Universo, Peacock, the Telemundo App, and throughout Latin America and the Caribbean on Telemundo Internacional.
Performances will include:
· Camilo, the Colombian pop singer-songwriter, who just released “Alaska,” a regional Mexican collaboration with Grupo Firme, competes for Latin Pop Artist of the Year, Solo.
· Carlos Vives, the king of Vallenato, who is up for two nods in this year’s tropical category, recently collaborated with Los Ángeles Azules in “Cumbia del Corazón.”
· CNCO, the Latin pop-rhythmic boy band, which announced its breakup in 2023, is a finalist in the Latin Pop Artist of the Year, Duo or group category.
· Eslabon Armado, the young Regional Mexican group from California competes for six awards, including Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year, Duo or Group, while their album Nostalgia breaks records.
· Grupo Firme, the banda and norteño group which made history by selling out seven concerts at the Staples Center during a one-year period, is up for five nods, including Regional Mexican Artist of the Year, Duo or Group.
· Maluma, the Colombian superstar recently released “Tsunami,” alongside Arcángel and De La Ghetto, and is a two-time finalist, including Tour of the Year.
· Pablo López, is one of the most successful Spanish singer-songwriters in recent years, thanks to his voice and inseparable piano.
· Pepe Aguilar, from the Aguilar dynasty and Mexican ranchera music genre, just released “No Me Hablen de Amor,” a duet with Intocable.
· Tini, the Argentinian pop music teen idol, just reached over 35 million views on YouTube with her recent collaboration in “La Loto” alongside Anitta and Becky G.