Univision Radio unveiled the programming lineup surrounding the launch of its new AM radio network, Univision America. The network, which includes radio stations in nine markets across the country, features local, national and international news, weather and traffic updates, as well as shows focused on the issues that matter most to Hispanics, including current events and politics, health, home and family, finances, education, sports and entertainment.
“With a powerful combination of news segments, local programming and insightful commentary delivered by some of our most beloved personalities, Univision America will strengthen Univision Radio’s mission to inform, entertain and empower Hispanic listeners,” said Jose Valle, president of Univision Radio.
Available on UA 1140AM in Miami, UA 1200 AM in Chicago, UA 1010 AM in Houston, UA 1270 AM in Dallas, UA 1350 AM in San Antonio, UA 1530 AM in McAllen, Texas, UA 750 AM in El Paso, UA 870 AM in Las Vegas and UA 1020 AM in Los Angeles, Univision America’s programming includes the following shows, along with recaps throughout the day featuring the “best of” content:
– “Univision America News:” Hispanics’ go-to source for morning news, this program features up-to-the-minute updates on local, national and international headlines. Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. (local time)
– “Dra. Isabel:” Hosted by Dra. Isabel Gomez Bassols, this two-hour program offers vital advice to all Hispanics on relationships, self improvement, marriage and raising children. The show provides a forum on issues vital to the Hispanic community. Monday – Friday, 12 p.m. ET/11 a.m. CT/9 a.m. PT
– “Fernando Espuelas Show:” A successful, cutting edge media personality, host Fernando Espuelas engages listeners in this two-hour program featuring provocative debates and cultural insights surrounding relevant issues and current events, inspiring his listeners to actively improve in their contribution to society. Monday – Friday, 2 p.m. ET/1 p.m. CT/11 a.m. PT
– “Zona Política con Helen Aguirre” (Political Zone with Helen Aguirre): In her two-hour program, host Helen Aguirre puts the day’s news into context and provides a lively national forum for discussion and debate. Monday – Friday, 4 p.m. ET/3 p.m. CT/1 p.m. PT
– “Locura Deportiva” (Sports Madness): Hosted by Rafael Hernández Brito, “Locura Deportiva” is an all sports program featuring commentary, interviews and all of the latest action in the world of sports. Monday – Friday, 6 p.m. ET/5 p.m. CT/3 p.m. PT and Sunday, 5 p.m. ET/4 p.m. CT/2 p.m. PT
– “Sanísimo” (At Your Healthiest): Focused on health, this one-hour program features José Fernandez, a well-known nutritionist and trainer, who dishes advice on everything regarding nutrition, diet and exercise. Monday – Friday, 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT/4 p.m. PT
– “El Colmillo:” With its light-hearted approach to news, entertainment and life, this one-hour program features interviews and discussions that bring in the laughs. Monday – Friday, 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT/5 p.m. PT
– “El Garaje” (The Garage): Featuring Maxx Perez and Joe Torres as hosts, “El Garaje” helps listeners identify small problems and simple maintenance issues that will keep them on the road. The first Spanish-language national automotive program of its kind, the show mixes humor and common sense with automotive expertise to provide a fun, entertaining and informative experience to listeners. Saturday, 9 a.m. ET/8 a.m. CT/6 a.m. PT
– “Cuentas Claras” (Clear Accounts): Each Cuentas Claras program, hosted by Fernando Almánzar discusses safe and secure financial recommendations. Money transfers, credit cards, insurance and mortgages are just a few of the subjects covered each week. Saturday, 10 a.m. ET/9 a.m. CT/7 a.m. PT
– “Dra. Aliza:” Well respected physician Dra. Aliza Lifshitz possesses the ability to understand, comfort and educate listeners on a variety of health issues, some of which are considered cultural taboos among Latinos. Dra. Aliza’s straightforward style provides a much needed forum to discuss pressing health concerns directly affecting the Hispanic community. Saturday, 11 a.m. ET/10 a.m. CT/8 a.m. PT
– “Tu Dinero Con Julie Stav” (Your Money with Julie Stav): Host Julie Stav teaches basic and advanced financial principles, helping Hispanics understand the value of financial planning and enabling them to experience the American Dream. Her weekly two-hour program covers all aspects of finance from opening a checking account to buying stock, to the importance of establishing credit and starting a small business, to saving for college and managing a 401K. Saturday, 12 p.m. ET/11 a.m. CT/9 a.m. PT
– “El Show de Alfonso Aguilar:” Political analysis and commentary comes to life in this two-hour show hosted by Alfonso Aguilar. Saturday, 2 p.m. ET/1 p.m. CT/11 a.m. PT
– “El Handyman:” This engaging program is designed to give instructions and advice on small, fix-up projects around the house, and the perfect tools for completing the job. Hosted by Ino Gómez, the show provides detailed information on projects like painting, spackling and more. Saturday, 4 p.m. ET/3 p.m. CT/1 p.m. PT
Also launching on July 4, UnivisionAmerica.com will feature additional content, including profiles on Univision America’s on-air personalities, program recaps, blog entries, photos, daily updates and more.