The World Soccer Masters Tour will take place June 23 at 7:00 PM with sports legends Lionel Messi and Diego Forlan taking the Sun Life Stadium field as team captains in a friendly match alongside Didier Drogba, Dani Alvez, Javier Mascherano and many more.
“I am really excited for this opportunity to play with all these great players in a friendly match,” said Messi. “It is a good feeling to play for the love of the game and know that at the same time we giving back to our fans and the community.”
Among the players who will participate on June 23 are:
· Colombian Radamel Falcao, Europa League’s top scorer of Atletico Madrid
· Uruguayan Diego Forlán of Inter Milan, best player of 2010 World Cup
· Ivorian Didier Drogba, playing in the Champions League final with Chelsea on May 19
· Brazilian Dani Alves, two-time UEFA Cup winner
· Argentine Javier Mascherano of Barcelona
· Uruguayan Luis Suárez of Liverpool
· Edison Cavani of Napoli
· Alessandro Nesta of 2006 World champion Italy and many others.
“In this very first edition of World Soccer Masters, several of the sport’s greatest players will share the field for the first time,” said Gabriel Sucari, World Soccer Masters spokesperson. “The match is a perfect opportunity for fans to witness Messi’s debut playing in Miami, just one day before his twenty-fifth birthday.”
The event will be televised live on Fox Soccer Channel and broadcasted on ESPN Deportes Radio nationwide.